By Keith Winer - 07/05/12 04:09 PM EDT
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR AND PROJECT ASSISTANT
Perennial Strategy Group (PSG) is a consulting firm that provides government and public relations services and community affairs advice to Fortune 500 companies, national non-profits, trade associations, and public sector clients. The firm’s professionals have worked in government service and the nonprofit industry and are actively involved in the Washington, DC community. PSG builds relationships and positions its clients to engage at the highest levels of federal and state governments, including in the U.S. Congress and in the Executive Branch, as well as before diverse issue coalitions, advocacy groups, and local officials. The PSG team assists clients with corporate social responsibility endeavors and public policy campaigns and works to develop internal programs and external communication strategies that help make its clients leaders in their fields.
PSG specializes in a number of issue areas, including banking and financial services, education, healthcare, energy and power, international trade, consumer products, sports and entertainment, media and telecommunications, technology, civil rights, diversity, and criminal justice, to name a few. PSG is one of three companies in the Perennial family of companies, which also includes Perennial Sports and Entertainment and the Perennial Law Group. The firm is located in downtown Washington, DC at the Willard Office Building, near Metro Center. For more information, please visit the firm’s website at www.perennialsg.com.
Our company is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and team oriented professional to fill the role of Administrative Coordinator and Project Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position will add value to the company through clerical and project-based tasks, such as the following:
• Answering the phone, directing calls, and taking phone messages
• Receiving office visitors
• Maintaining an attractive, clean, and well-stocked office environment and ordering office supplies
• Assisting with travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, and managing team members’ schedules
• Preparing expense reports
• Filing, photocopying, faxing, preparing, shredding, editing, and binding documents and other materials
• Typing, entering, and formatting data
• Managing contact databases and Outlook contacts
• Preparing and formatting correspondence, memoranda, reports, marketing materials, and other documents, as well as sending packages and cards
• Planning, arranging, and assisting with meetings and special events
• Communicating with and assisting clients, as necessary and requested
• Preparing invoices and handling other billing matters, as necessary and requested
• Assisting with human resource issues, as necessary and requested
• Assisting with business development, press releases, and communication strategies, as necessary and requested
• Conducting basic research and summarizing information, as necessary and requested
• Helping the company with other tasks, as necessary and requested
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate must exhibit a positive attitude, professionalism, efficiency, attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook, and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft PowerPoint. The candidate must also be able to multi-task, adapt to diverse projects, exercise good judgment and discretion, and work in a high pressure environment. A bachelor’s degree and office experience are not required, but are desired. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with the candidate’s experience and position requirements.
Our company is an innovative firm that employs and values dynamic individuals. The candidate must possess an interest in and basic knowledge of client relationships, government relations, and public affairs. An interest in, and knowledge of, sports and the sports and entertainment industries is a plus, but is not necessary. If you enjoy working in a small personalized environment, interacting with people on a highly professional level, are detail oriented, and can multi-task, then this job is for you!
Please submit your résumé and cover letter via email, with “Administrative Coordinator and Project Assistant” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other materials, such as transcripts and references, are welcomed, but not necessary at this time. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and, ideally, the candidate will start work in mid to late August 2012. You may be contacted if you are selected for an interview or if we have questions. Thank you for your interest in Perennial.