Fox News "apologized" to GOP presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald TrumpBryan Cranston on Trump: 'There’s nothing there’ Trump points to plane, says it could be Mexico 'ready to attack' Needed: a presidential candidate that can pass the ‘burning house test' MORE for a press release the network released earlier this week mocking him, Trump said Thursday evening.
In an interview with CNN, Trump would not say who from Fox News called to apologize for the network's behavior. He said he was going to stick with his plans to hold an event to raise money for veterans instead of attending Fox's Thursday debate.
"I was treated very unfairly by Fox. Since then they've been excellent, they've been very nice, but it's too late," he told CNN's Brianna Keilar. "We have an event and we're going to make a lot of money."
"The veterans have been treated horribly in our country," he said in the interview with CNN on Thursday. "We're going to take care of our veterans."
Trump said he might have considered attending the debate after Fox apologized if he hadn't already planned the rival event. He noted Fox News "could not have been nicer" in its attempts to get him to come to the debate. But at that point, it was too late.
The billionaire businessman has had an ongoing feud with Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly since the first GOP debate, held in August.
He told CNN he never asked that Kelly be removed as an anchor — although he added that he doesn't respect her and thinks she's "overrated."
Trump said a lot of people have told him they respect his decision because he "took on the establishment."
"I wanted to fight for myself just like I'll fight for the country," he said. "You have to stick up for yourself, you have to fight for yourself and you have to fight for your country."
This story was updated at 9:05 p.m.