Republican presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald TrumpHow Democrats can rebuild a winning, multiracial coalition The Green Movement Is our planet’s last best hope Poll: Majority of Americans fear US will become involved in another major war MORE says he has no regrets about snubbing Thursday’s GOP debate to hold his own event instead, bragging his fundraiser for veterans was bigger and more fun.
"We gave a tremendous performance with lots of different people for the veterans," Trump said in an interview with "Face the Nation" scheduled to air Sunday.
"And we raised ... six million dollars. And we had less than a day to do it. … And on top of that, we got great coverage. Because the debate was not as exciting as what we did."
Host John Dickerson asked Trump whether he went overboard in pulling out of the debate over a mocking press release by Fox News earlier this week.
“You were offended. … Aren't you being a little too politically correct?” he asked.
"You know what I did? I went out, and I raised $6 million for vets," Trump replied. "That's more important, frankly, than doing a debate.”