GOP presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpIvanka Trump pens op-ed on kindergartners learning tech Bharara, Yates tamp down expectations Mueller will bring criminal charges Overnight Cybersecurity: Equifax security employee left after breach | Lawmakers float bill to reform warrantless surveillance | Intel leaders keeping collusion probe open MORE said Monday that President Obama is taking “baby steps” toward eliminating the Second Amendment.

“What I do see is step by step by step and then we have no Second Amendment,” he told host Chris Cuomo on CNN’s “New Day.”

ADVERTISEMENT
“These are such baby steps,” Trump continued. "I don’t really know what’s he’s proposing. All I hear is he’s going to sign an executive order. Regardless of what is proposed, it is proposed by executive order and it shouldn’t be.”

Obama is reportedly weighing a new executive order that would impose new restrictions on American gun ownership.

Trump argued Monday that such an approach undermines the democratic process by ignoring elected lawmakers.

“I don’t know that he even tries,” he said of Obama working with Congress. "Maybe he’s not a good salesman. He doesn’t want to work, he wants to play golf. Pretty soon you won’t be able to get guns.”

Trump then charged that implementing gun-free zones opens the door for more violence against innocent people.

“Whenever I see gun-free zones, that’s a flag for the wackos to come in and start shooting people,” he said.

“Nobody ever talks about the mental health aspect — the people who pull the triggers,” the outspoken billionaire added. "People don’t talk about that — they talk about the guns.”

Obama’s expected executive order on firearms comes after multiple mass shootings that have occurred during his presidency.

Most recently, 14 people died and another 22 were wounded during an attack in San Bernardino, Calif., last month.