Republican presidential candidate Donald TrumpDonald TrumpGOP senator: Did Clinton email setup play a role in Russian invasions? Latinos key in Democratic battle for California delegates Schwarzenegger avoids questions on whether he'll support Trump MORE acknowledged Tuesday that his snub of Fox News’s GOP debate last week may have caused him to lose the Iowa caucuses.
But Trump said he has no regrets, noting he brought in $6 million for veterans’ groups at the fundraising event he did instead of the debate.
The billionaire businessman said he still did “very well” in Iowa despite finishing in second behind rival Ted CruzTed CruzMeet the billionaire donor behind Hulk Hogan’s lawsuit against Gawker Party chairs see reversal of fortune McConnell: Trump White House will have ‘constraints’ MORE, saying expectations were too high.
“I guess what did happen is one poll came out that said we were 4 or 5 points ahead and maybe built up a false expectation for some people,” he said.
"People didn't talk about my second place. They didn't talk about it as positively as they should have."
Asked whether the loss in Iowa hurt Trump’s brand as a winner, he responded: “I think my brand's doing great.”