Republican presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald TrumpCohn: People 'wasting time' calling for Trump's tax returns Overnight Energy: Trump set to sign offshore drilling order Bush ethics lawyer: Trump should strip Flynn of military title MORE on Monday again hinted at a possible third-party run, saying that the Republican National Committee (RNC) is "in default" of an agreement and is not treating him fairly.
Trump signed a pledge last year to run as a Republican and not as an independent. He first raised the posibility of a third-party run in an exclusive interview with The Hill last summer.
“I signed a pledge, but it’s a double-edged pledge, and as far as I’m concerned they’re in default of the pledge,” he said at a campaign event outside of Charleston, S.C., The Guardian reported.
During a later press conference, Trump said he was disappointed with the RNC because it stacks the room at debates "with special interests and donors."
"The RNC gave all the tickets to special interests that represented Cruz and Rubio. They had all the tickets," he said. "They walked on the stage and the place went crazy."
He said he doesn't have donors or special interests.
"I think the RNC did a very poor job," he said. "We've warned them ... and they don't listen."
The RNC has "total control" over Trump's competitors, he added.
"The bottom line is the RNC is controlled by the establishment and the RNC is controlled by the special interests and the donors and that's too bad," he said.