Louisiana GOP chief: 'We’ll be prepared’ if Trump sues
© Getty Images

The executive director of Louisiana’s Republican Party said the state GOP is ready for a potential lawsuit from Republican presidential front-runner Donald TrumpDonald TrumpChaffetz: Threats against lawmakers should be taken seriously Warren cautions Dems against infighting CIA director: Leaks 'seem to be on the increase' MORE over delegate allocation.

“[I’m] really confident in the rules,” Jason Doré said on Sunday, according to The Times-Picayune. "[We] are taking it seriously and will be prepared.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Trump on Sunday threatened legal action over Louisiana’s GOP presidential primary rules.

“Just to show you how unfair Republican primary politics can be, I won the state of Louisiana and got less delegates then [Sen. Ted] Cruz [R-Texas] – lawsuit coming,” he tweeted.

Trump and Cruz won 18 delegates apiece during the March 5 contest, which the businessman won by nearly 4 percentage points.

The Wall Street Journal reported last Friday, however, that Cruz could get an additional 10 delegates in the Bayou State.

Five could come from unbound delegates who can back any candidate of their choosing, it said, while five more could come from Sen. Marco RubioMarco RubioWill Republicans stand up to the NRA's insurrection rhetoric? The Hill's Whip List: Senate ObamaCare repeal bill Ivanka Trump turns to House GOP on paid family leave MORE (R-Fla.) after he suspended his own campaign earlier this month.

Doré on Sunday said that Trump’s threat was premature because the 10 delegates in question remain uncommitted.

“There’s no commitments from any of these delegates — the Rubio delegates or the others — that they’re going to go for Cruz or for Trump,” said Doré, an unbound delegate who plans on remaining uncommitted until the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next July.

“[Cruz’s] not going to receive any more delegates,” he added. "[Trump] received the delegates he was supposed to. Everybody’s been allocated what they’re going to be allocated.”

Doré added that any unbound delegates are “out of our control” and that any issues over Rubio’s former delegates “is between Mr. Trump and those guys."