One member of the Central Park Five wrongfully convicted for a gruesome beating and rape in 1989 says Donald TrumpDonald John TrumpHouse expected to vote on omnibus Thursday afternoon House passes 'right to try' drug bill Spending bill rejects Trump’s proposed EPA cut MORE tried to get him killed.

“Donald Trump was basically calling for us to be murdered,” Yusef Salaam says in a video for released Friday.

“I really didn’t know anything about Donald Trump until he took out those ads and called for our execution. Every time I think about that, I think had this been the 1950s, we would’ve been modern day Emmett Tills,” he added.

“Somebody from the darkest places of society would’ve come to our homes, kicked in our doors and drug us from our homes and hung us from the trees in Central Park. That would’ve been the type of mob justice they were seeking.”

Salaam, who was 15 at the time of his wrongful conviction, said Trump is too "destructive and dangerous" to be president.

“If we look at everything this man has said, everything, it’s destructive and dangerous. We definitely need to take a stance against having a person like Donald Trump be in the Oval Office.”

Salaam was one of five men arrested in 1989 after it was discovered they had been in New York City’s Central Park following a brutal attack there. A 28-year old woman was beaten, raped and left tied up overnight, leaving her with both brain damage and hypothermia.

The group was convicted for the crime after confessing to police, though the men insist their confessions were coerced as a result of a two-day interrogation.

Trump took out a full-page ad in four New York City newspapers following the attack calling for the reinstatement of the death penalty.

The Central Park Five were ultimately exonerated in 2002, however, when another man — a convicted murderer and rapist — confessed to the crime.

Trump said last week the Central Park Five are guilty despite police having found no DNA evidence linking them to the crime.

“They admitted they were guilty,” he told CNN in a story published Oct. 7. "The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty.

“The fact that this case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same."