By Timothy Cama
Former Vice President Dick Cheney said former Secretary of State Hillary ClintonHillary Rodham ClintonClinton: ‘I have done 300 interviews just in 2016’ At Libertarian convention, liberty finds its moment Trump foundation contacted vet group about donation last week MORE “clearly bears responsibility” for how the State Department handled the Sept. 11, 2012, terrorists attack in Benghazi, Libya.
Cheney’s comments came Sunday morning on an interview with Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.”
Cheney’s comments came as Republicans are ramping up their largest actions yet in investigating the attack on the United States compound that killed four U.S. officials. House Republicans have appointed members to a special committee to investigate the attack and the Obama administration’s response, though Democrats have not yet appointed members.
Clinton is seen as a frontrunner as a Democratic candidate for president in the 2016 election, but she has not declared her intention to run.
“I do think it’s a major issue,” Cheney said. “I don’t think we’ve heard the last of it yet.”