By David McCabe
The Clinton Foundation said Thursday that it would evaluate its policies on accepting foreign donations if Hillary ClintonHillary Rodham ClintonGOP: Obama ‘in denial’ about healthcare law failures Is Georgia turning blue? Trump to lay out first 100 days in Gettysburg speech MORE runs for president in 2016.
The foundation's practices have come under scrutiny after The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that it had dropped a self-imposed ban on accepting donations from foreign nations. The foundation has taken money from countries including the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Oman, as well as from an agency of the Canadian government promoting the Keystone XL pipeline.
The ban had been in effect while Clinton was serving as secretary of State. Since leaving the State Department, she has become more involved in the foundation's work.
A report in The Washington Post on Wednesday said that the Clintons had raised more than $2 billion for the foundation since it was established in 2001.