Las Vegas officials are asking potential blood donors to hold off until at least Tuesday afternoon.

Las Vegas Assistant Sheriff Todd Fasulo said at a press conference Monday night that blood donation centers in the area have been “overwhelmed” by the turnout of donors.

“They cannot take any more people right now,” Fasulo said. “They have enough supply to last them for the foreseeable future.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas residents began lining up just hours after the attack that killed at least 59 and injured more than 500 Sunday night to donate blood for shooting victims.

He added that the police department does not have the resources to distribute or deliver the amount of food that has been donated, and encouraged people who want to help to donate bottled water to the Red Cross.

Fasulo said the GoFundMe page is the “best mechanism” for people to show their support. The fund, set up Monday by Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak, has raised more than $3.1 million so far.