Three women who have accused President TrumpDonald John TrumpAccuser says Trump should be afraid of the truth Woman behind pro-Trump Facebook page denies being influenced by Russians Shulkin says he has White House approval to root out 'subversion' at VA MORE of sexual misconduct shared their stories in detail on Monday, with one accuser saying they decided to "try again" given the recent wave of women and men who have shared stories of sexual harassment in recent months. 

“We’re private citizens, and for us to put ourselves out there to try and show America who this man is, and especially how he views women, and for them to say, ‘meh, we don’t care,’ it hurt,” Samantha Holvey said on “Megyn Kelly Today.

“And so now it’s just like all right, let’s try round two. The environment’s different, let’s try again,” she added. 

Holvey competed in the 2006 Miss USA contest, and claims Trump walked into the dressing area.

Holvey was joined Monday by Jessica Leeds and Rachel Crooks, who also came forward last year to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct.

Their appearance follows a wave of sexual misconduct allegations that have led to the firing or resignation of prominent politicians and celebrities, including Sen. Al FrankenAlan (Al) Stuart FrankenShould the Rob Porter outcome set the standard? Grassley, Dems step up battle over judicial nominees Sen. Gillibrand, eyeing 2020 bid, rankles some Democrats MORE (D-Minn.), Rep. John ConyersJohn James ConyersSchatz's ignorance of our Anglo-American legal heritage illustrates problem with government Dem consultant resigns in face of sexual misconduct allegation Tillerson announces mandatory sexual harassment training for State Dept. MORE Jr. (D-Mich.), Rep. Trent FranksHarold (Trent) Trent FranksReal-time data insights have become a powerful political tool Tillerson announces mandatory sexual harassment training for State Dept. Dems blast RNC over Steve Wynn sexual misconduct claims: 'This is the party of Donald Trump' MORE (R-Ariz.), NBC host Matt Lauer and Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.

In total, roughly a dozen women came forward during the 2016 presidential campaign and accused Trump of sexual misconduct. Trump was also recorded on a 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape bragging about groping women.

The White House has said its official position is that the women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct are lying.

Kelly read a new White House statement on air, which said the claims were “totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts,” and “were addressed at length during last year’s campaign.”

“The timing and absurdity of these false claims speaks volumes and the publicity tour that has begun only further confirms the political motives behind them,” the White House said.

Crooks responded by calling the statement “laughable,” and said she’d like to see surveillance footage from Trump Tower be made public.

Crooks said she worked at Trump Tower when she was 22, and alleges that when she introduced herself to Trump, he held onto her hand and repeatedly kissed her.

“It happened so fast, I guess, and I wish I would’ve been courageous enough to be like ‘what’s going on and you need to stop this,’” she said.

Leeds, who alleged Trump groped her while the two were on an airplane more than 30 years ago, urged other women who have been harassed to come forward.

The three women appeared on NBC one day after United Nations Ambassador Nikki HaleyNimrata (Nikki) HaleyHaley slams Palestinian president on peace process at the UN: 'We will not chase after you' Washington puts Ethiopia's human rights abusers on notice Palestinian diplomat: Trump ‘disqualified America’ from being sole broker in Middle East peace deal MORE said Trump's accusers "should be heard."