Warriors coach hits Trump on Eagles snub: 'It will be nice when things get back to normal in three years'
© Getty Images

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr on Tuesday took a jab at President TrumpDonald John TrumpMichelle Wolf in July Fourth salute: 'God bless abortions and God bless America' Graham: Trump's Supreme Court picks 'all winners' Man arrested after allegedly threatening to kill Trump supporters, GOP lawmaker MORE over his decision to disinvite the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles to the White House.

Kerr, whose team was disinvited by Trump after their NBA championship win last year, said that his latest move is “not surprising,”  according to Newsday’s Al Iannazzone.

“It will be nice when things get back to normal in three years,” Kerr said.

Kerr has regularly criticized the Trump administration, in particular over the topics of gun violence and the NFL kneeling protests.

ADVERTISEMENT
Trump canceled the Eagles' visit on Monday, citing the Super Bowl champs’ disagreement with him on the kneeling protests. The White House later said the visit was canceled because only a small number of the players were actually going to show up.

Trump made a similar move with Golden State last year, uninviting the team to the White House after star player Stephen Curry said that he did not want to go.

NBA star LeBron James, whose team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, is again battling the Warriors for the title this year, said Tuesday that neither team "wants to get invited" to the Trump White House.