FROM THE BLOGS:
- Leaders in both parties might do well to consider the filibuster reform proposal put forth by Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), writes Kevin Drum at Mother Jones.
- South Carolina Gov.-elect Nikki Haley (R) wins plaudits from RedState's Erick Erickson for confronting President Obama on healthcare at a meeting of new governors on Thursday.
- There aren't many pundits on TV from either side that DougJ from Balloon Juice says he cares about.
- Also, Allahpundit lays out the showdown between Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and the military brass on integrating openly gay or lesbian members of the military.
OTHER NEWS SOURCES:
- Senate Democrats are looking to force a vote on tax cuts on Saturday, The Hill reports.
- The White House is looking to trade an extension of unemployment benefits for an extension of tax cuts, the New York Times says.
- Washington Post: American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS, the conservative groups tied to Karl Rove, brought in $70 million this election cycle.