Giuliani denies prepping 2012 presidential run

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) on Friday denied reports he is rounding up staff to explore a run for president in 2012.

Giuliani, the former 2008 presidential candidate, denied a New York Post report that he was gearing up to run again in 2012. 

"I haven't done that. I haven't rounded up my political advisers," Giuliani said on MSNBC.

He said he has no political intention concerning a coming trip to New Hampshire, a key primary state.

"I go to New Hampshire a lot; I don't have anything scheduled right now," he said.

Giuliani had been an early frontrunner in the Republican primary field in 2008, but faltered to more conservative challengers such as former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), the eventual nominee. The mayor withdrew from the race and endorsed McCain.