Jon Huntsman is snubbing an upcoming debate moderated by business mogul Donald Trump and instead will participate in a Lincoln-Douglas style debate with Newt Gingrich.
"We look forward to discussing the issues that matter to the American people in a serious, substantive debate with Speaker Gingrich later this month," Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller said in a statement on Friday. "It is telling that Governor Romney has declined to participate because this substantive format makes it hard for him to hide from his record."
In the same press release Huntsman's campaign announced that it was skipping an upcoming debate moderated by Trump.
"In addition, we have declined to participate in the 'Presidential Apprentice' Debate with The Donald," Miller added. "The Republican Party deserves a serious discussion of the issues so voters can choose a leader they trust to defeat President Obama and turn our economy around. We are confident that leader will be Jon Huntsman."
Huntsman's decision to forgo the debate appears to be a continuation of a feud between Huntsman's campaign and Trump. Earlier this year, Trump said he turned down a meeting with the former Utah governor. Huntsman's campaign denied that he wanted to sit down with Trump or would ever want Trump's support.