Half of Clinton's nongovernment meetings at State were with donors: AP
© Getty Images

More than half of the meetings that Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonBiden slams Trump over golf gif hitting Clinton Overnight Cybersecurity: Equifax hit by earlier hack | What to know about Kaspersky controversy | Officials review EU-US privacy pact Overnight Tech: Equifax hit by earlier undisclosed hack | Facebook takes heat over Russian ads | Alt-right Twitter rival may lose domain MORE reportedly took with people outside the government while serving as secretary of State were with Clinton Foundation donors, according to The Associated Press. 

At least 85 of those 154 people, whom met or had phone conversations with Clinton, had donated to Clinton's family foundation, either directly or through companies or groups, according to news service's review published Tuesday.
 
ADVERTISEMENT
They donated to the Clinton Foundation or pledged money to the global charity's international programs, the AP reported, citing State Department calendars that have been released so far.
 
The 85 donors contributed $156 million to the charity, with at least 40 donating more than $100,000 each and 20 giving more than $1 million, according to the review.
 
The AP said that the meetings apparently didn't violate legal agreements that Clinton and former President Bill ClintonBill ClintonGOP rep: North Korea wants Iran-type nuclear deal Lawmakers, pick up the ball on health care and reform Medicaid The art of the small deal MORE signed before she served in the Obama administration starting in 2009.
 
Officials from at least 16 foreign governments that donated upward of $170 million to the Clinton Foundation also met with Clinton, though the AP noted they presumably met on state business.
 
 
The Clinton Foundation announced last week that it would no longer accept foreign or corporate donations if Clinton becomes president, though Trump has called for the Clintons to shutter it immediately.
 
"It is now clear that the Clinton Foundation is the most corrupt enterprise in political history," Trump said Monday.
 
Bill Clinton defended the charity's work on Monday and announced that he would step down from the foundation he established in 1997 if his wife is elected in November. He also said the group would only accept money from U.S. citizens, permanent residents and U.S.-based independent foundations.