Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton
Hillary Diane Rodham ClintonGrassley blasts Democrats over unwillingness to probe Clinton GOP lawmakers cite new allegations of political bias in FBI Top intel Dem: Trump Jr. refused to answer questions about Trump Tower discussions with father MORE's campaign chairman appeared to express dismay as the identity of one of the San Bernardino, Calif., shooters became public, according to hacked emails released by WikiLeaks.
Podesta was referring to MSNBC host Christopher Hayes, who had tweeted at the time that a U.S. citizen named "Sayeed Farouk" was believed to be one of the people involved in the shooting.
In the attack last year, 14 people were killed and 22 were injured in a shooting at a San Bernardino social center. The incident was investigated as an act of terrorism.
Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, were killed in a shootout with police.
The email is one of more than 11,000 published by WikiLeaks so far. On Saturday, WikiLeaks dropped a new batch of emails it says were stolen from the archive of Podesta.
U.S. intelligence agencies have said the release may be part of a Russia-backed plot to interfere with the presidential election.