Iran claims to have killed planner of Tehran terror attacks
© Getty

Iran said late Saturday night that the alleged suspect who planned twin terrorist attacks in Tehran last week had been killed, The Associated Press reported early Sunday.

Iranian Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi said state operatives and “fellow intelligence services” killed the "commander of the team" that carried out the double attacks, Alavi told the IRNA new agency, according to The Washington Post.

Alavi reportedly did not provide the “mastermind’s” identity to offer any evidence, saying the suspect was “sent to hell.” 

ADVERTISEMENT
Five people launched an attack Wednesday on Iran’s Parliament building as well as a shine in honor of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, killing at least 17 people. The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) claimed responsibility for the attack.

Iran said in addition to dozens of detained suspects, all the ISIS attackers had been killed.

Iranian investigators are reportedly looking into Iranian Kurds who are associated with ISIS as possible suspects of the attack, The Washington Examiner reported.