Teen charged in London bomb attack
© Getty Images

An 18-year-old man has been charged in connection with the bombing on a London subway last week that injured 30, London's Metropolitan Police said Friday.

Ahmed Hassan is set to appear in court on Friday, police said. He is facing charges of attempted murder and causing an explosion "of a nature likely to endanger life or to cause serious injury to property."

ADVERTISEMENT
Hassan is accused of planting a bomb on the London Underground last Friday that failed to properly detonate. The blast injured 30 people, and the Islamic State claimed responsibility.

Hassan was arrested on Saturday in the port city of Dover. 

Two other men, aged 25 and 30, remain in police custody in connection with the blast, while three others, aged 17, 21 and 48, have been released, police said. 

Police are still conducting searches at three addresses, one in Surrey south east of London and two in Newport, Wales.