Porter's ex-wives say White House hasn't contacted them
© Getty

Former White House aide Rob Porter's two ex-wives, who accuse him of domestic abuse, both said Tuesday the White House has not reached out to them since their stories were made public.

Colbie Holderness and Jennie Willoughby told CNN they were "not surprised" that they have not heard from anyone at the White House since their allegations against their ex-husband became public.

"I think how it makes me feel is not as important as the message it sends to others," Holderness told CNN.

"Reaching out to Jennie and me would, in some small way, provide support for their assertion that that they take domestic violence seriously."

ADVERTISEMENT
Willoughby said she was disappointed.
 
"And I am concerned with how this sets a standard for what is or isn't acceptable as society navigates how to handle domestic abuse moving forward," she said.
 
Porter resigned from his position as White House staff secretary last week after news stories on the alleged abuse broke, including a photo of Holderness with a black eye she says he gave her on their honeymoon.
 
President TrumpDonald John TrumpWSJ: Trump ignored advice to confront Putin over indictments Trump hotel charging Sean Spicer ,000 as book party venue Bernie Sanders: Trump 'so tough' on child separations but not on Putin MORE on Friday praised Porter, saying he hopes he has a great career ahead of him. On Saturday, Trump tweeted that lives are being destroyed by "a mere allegation" and raised questions about due process.On Monday, the White House struggled to explain its handling of the abuse allegations, stumbling particularly on questions related to when top-ranking officials were made aware of them.
 
Reports emerged last week that chief of staff John KellyJohn Francis KellyMORE and White House counsel Don McGahn were made aware of the accusations last year during Porter's background check, though the administration says it only became fully informed of them a week ago. 
 
FBI Director Christopher Wray contradicted the White House's version of events during Senate testimony on Tuesday.
 
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday read a statement she said was dictated by Trump, declaring his support for victims of domestic violence.
 
"Above all, the president supports the victims of domestic violence and believes everyone should be treated fairly and with due process,” she said.

But Sanders would not say why the president has not said those words himself.