Headlines more stimulating than a thousand-page piece of legislation:
- Sen. Jim Bunning apologizes for comments that essentially said Justice Ginsburg had one foot in the grave.
- Democratic lawmakers most at risk from a GOP challenger get put in the Frontline program where they "will be pushed to focus on fundraising and outreach efforts." Could a VH-1 reality show be far off?
- Sens. Chuck SchumerCharles SchumerThe Trail 2016: Unity at last This week: Congress eyes the exits in dash to recess Former Gillibrand aide wins NY House primary MORE and Kirsten GillibrandKirsten GillibrandTexas rep uses Snapchat to prompt border control discussions GOP probes EPA response to NY state water contamination Dems separated by 29 votes in NY House primary MORE say they'll take any turned-down stimulus case for their home state.
- More stimulus for the unstimulated: Armstrong Williams weighs in on the governors' reactions.
- On the Congess Blog, Sen. Bernie SandersBernie SandersGreen candidate: Sanders should leave party that 'betrayed' him Clinton to call on Black Lives Matter at Dem convention Dems vote down push to abolish superdelegates MORE writes that Social Security and Medicare are "under new attack."