Headlines more stimulating than a thousand-page piece of legislation:
- Sen. Jim Bunning apologizes for comments that essentially said Justice Ginsburg had one foot in the grave.
- Democratic lawmakers most at risk from a GOP challenger get put in the Frontline program where they "will be pushed to focus on fundraising and outreach efforts." Could a VH-1 reality show be far off?
- Sens. Chuck SchumerCharles SchumerOvernight Cybersecurity: Trump defends Flynn, blasts leaks | Yahoo fears further breach Overnight Finance: Trump's Labor pick withdraws | Ryan tries to save tax plan | Trump pushes tax reform with retailers Democrats declare victory after Puzder bows out MORE and Kirsten GillibrandKirsten GillibrandDems ask Trump admin to protect rule on seniors' health costs Gillibrand: I'm running for Senate, not White House Puerto Rico’s toxic dumps: Obama’s legacy, Pruitt’s opportunity MORE say they'll take any turned-down stimulus case for their home state.
- More stimulus for the unstimulated: Armstrong Williams weighs in on the governors' reactions.
- On the Congess Blog, Sen. Bernie SandersBernie SandersDrug importation from other countries will save dollars and lives Sanders: Trump a 'pathological liar' Buttigieg endorsed by ex-treasurer in DNC race MORE writes that Social Security and Medicare are "under new attack."