Earmarks from both Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton made the book. Obama helped secure $1.6 million for the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Three Clinton projects made the list including money for jazz at Lincoln Center, a non-profit development company and the FDR Presidential Library in New York.
Here are some more of the highlights:
- The number of pork projects rose by 337 percent
- Alaska leads all states in pork per capita. The state lawmakers bring in $556 per resident
- $211,509 was spent on fruit fly research in France
- $460,752 was spent on hops research
- The top 3 pork recipients were Sens. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) bringing in over $1.8 billion combined