The Hill published a special section Tuesday on energy and the environment. It's packed with op-eds from lawmakers at the center of the debate on clean energy, offshore drilling and climate change.
- House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) said the Obama administration's policies will lead to higher gas prices.
- House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich) raised concerns that the Obama administration will block a proposed pipeline that will carry oil sands from Canada to Texas.
- Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee Chairman Jeff Bingman (D-N.M.) warned that other countries are winning the clean energy race.
- Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Chairwoman Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said lawmakers must work to protect the country's environmental laws.
- Energy Secretary Steven Chu outlined the president's clean energy budget.