Capitol Hill’s reputation as the “do-nothing Congress” is well-deserved.
In fact, the major bills that have cleared the 113th Congress to date are nearly all "must-pass" measures or reauthorizations of existing law.
Below is a full list of the 126 laws passed by the 113th Congress:
1. H.R.41 — To temporarily increase the borrowing authority of the Federal Emergency Management Agency for carrying out the National Flood Insurance Program.
2. H.R.152 — Making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2013, to improve and streamline disaster assistance for Hurricane Sandy, and for other purposes.
3. H.R.325 — No Budget, No Pay Act of 2013
4. S.47 — Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013
5. H.R.307 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act of 2013
6. H.R.933 — Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act
7. S.716 — A bill to modify the requirements under the STOCK Act regarding online access to certain financial disclosure statements and related forms.
8. H.R.1246 — District of Columbia Chief Financial Officer Vacancy Act
9. H.R.1765 — Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013
10. H.R.1071 — To specify the size of the precious-metal blanks that will be used in the production of the National Baseball Hall of Fame commemorative coins.
11. H.R.360 — To award posthumously a Congressional Gold Medal to Addie Mae
Collins, Denise McNair, Carole Robertson, and Cynthia Wesley to commemorate the lives they lost 50 years ago in the bombing of the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church, where these 4 little Black girls' ultimate sacrifice served as a catalyst for the Civil Rights Movement.
12. H.R.258 — Stolen Valor Act of 2013
13. S.982 — Freedom to Fish Act
14. S.622 — Animal Drug and Animal Generic Drug User Fee Reauthorization Act of 2013
15. H.R.475 — To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include vaccines against seasonal influenza within the definition of taxable vaccines.
16. H.R.324 — To grant the Congressional Gold Medal, collectively, to the First Special Service Force, in recognition of its superior service during World War II
17. H.R.1151 — To direct the Secretary of State to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan at the triennial International Civil Aviation Organization Assembly, and for other purposes.
18. H.R.2383 — To designate the new Interstate Route 70 bridge over the Mississippi River connecting St. Louis, Missouri, and southwestern Illinois as the "Stan Musial Veterans Memorial Bridge".
19. H.R.251 — South Utah Valley Electric Conveyance Act
20. H.R.254 — Bonneville Unit Clean Hydropower Facilitation Act
21. H.R.588 — Vietnam Veterans Donor Acknowledgment Act of 2013
22. H.R.2289 — To rename section 219(c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 as the Kay Bailey Hutchison Spousal IRA.
23. H.R.267 — Hydropower Regulatory Efficiency Act of 2013
24. H.R.678 — Bureau of Reclamation Small Conduit Hydropower Development and Rural Jobs Act
25. H.R.1092 — To designate the air route traffic control center located in Nashua, New Hampshire, as the "Patricia Clark Boston Air Route Traffic Control Center".
26. H.R.1171 — FOR VETS Act of 2013
27. H.R.1344 — Helping Heroes Fly Act
28. H.R.1911 — Bipartisan Student Loan Certainty Act of 2013
29. H.R.2167 — Reverse Mortgage Stabilization Act of 2013
30. H.R.2576 —To amend title 49, United States Code, to modify requirements relating to the availability of pipeline safety regulatory documents, and for other purposes.
31. H.R.2611 — To designate the headquarters building of the Coast Guard on the campus located at 2701 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue Southeast in the District of Columbia as the "Douglas A. Munro Coast Guard Headquarters Building", and for other purposes.
32. S.130 — Powell Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act
33. S.157 — Denali National Park Improvement Act
34. S.256 — A bill to amend Public Law 93-435 with respect to the Northern Mariana Islands, providing parity with Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
35. S.304 — Natchez Trace Parkway Land Conveyance Act of 2013
36. S.459 — Minuteman Missile National Historic Site Boundary Modification Act
37. H.R.1412 — Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2013
38. H.R.3092 — E. Clay Shaw, Jr. Missing Children's Assistance Reauthorization Act of 2013
39. H.R.3210 — Pay Our Military Act
40. H.R.527 — Helium Stewardship Act of 2013
41. S.793 — Organization of American States Revitalization and Reform Act of 2013
42. H.R.3233 — To extend the period during which Iraqis who were employed by the United States Government in Iraq may be granted special immigrant status and to temporarily increase the fee or surcharge for processing machine-readable nonimmigrant visas.
43. S.1348 — Congressional Award Program Reauthorization Act of 2013
44. H.J.Res.91 — Department of Defense Survivor Benefits Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014
45. H.R.3095 - To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is adopted pursuant to a rulemaking proceeding, and for other purposes.
46. H.R.2775 — Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014
47. H.R.3190 — United States Parole Commission Extension Act of 2013
48. H.R.2094 — School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act
49. H.R.3302 — To name the Department of Veterans Affairs medical center in Bay Pines, Florida, as the "C.W. Bill Young Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center".
50. H.R.2747 — Streamlining Claims Processing for Federal Contractor Employees Act
51. S.330 — HIV Organ Policy Equity Act
52. S.893 — Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2013
53. H.R.1848 — Small Airplane Revitalization Act of 2013
54. H.R.3204 — Drug Quality and Security Act
55. S.252 — PREEMIE Reauthorization Act
56. S.1545 — PEPFAR Stewardship and Oversight Act of 2013
57. H.R.3626 — To extend the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 for 10 years.
58. H.R.185 — To designate the United States courthouse located at 101 East Pecan Street in Sherman, Texas, as the "Paul Brown United States Courthouse".
59. H.R.1402 — VA Expiring Authorities Extension Act of 2013
60. H.R.2251 — To designate the United States courthouse and Federal building located at 118 South Mill Street, in Fergus Falls, Minnesota, as the "Edward J. Devitt United States Courthouse and Federal Building."
61. H.R.2871 — To amend title 28, United States Code, to modify the composition of the southern judicial district of Mississippi to improve judicial efficiency, and for other purposes.
62. H.R.2922 — To extend the authority of the Supreme Court Police to protect court officials away from the Supreme Court grounds.
63. H.R.3458 — Fallen Firefighters Assistance Tax Clarification Act of 2013
64. H.R.3588 — Community Fire Safety Act of 2013
65. S.1471 — Alicia Dawn Koehl Respect for National Cemeteries Act
66. H.R.3304 —National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
67. H.J.Res.59 — Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 (This was the vehicle for the 2013 budget agreement.)
68. H.R.623 — Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Land Transfer Act
69. H.R.767 — To amend the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to modify the Pilot Project offices of the Federal Permit Streamlining Pilot Project.
70. H.R.2319 — Native American Veterans' Memorial Amendments Act of 2013
71. H.R.3343 — To amend the District of Columbia Home Rule Act to clarify the rules regarding the determination of the compensation of the Chief Financial Officer of the District of Columbia.
72. H.R.3487 — To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act to extend through 2018 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published by the Commission, to expand such authority to certain other violations, and for other purposes.
73. H.J.Res.106 — Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2014, and for other purposes.
74. S.1614 — Accuracy for Adoptees Act
75. H.R.667 — To redesignate the Dryden Flight Research Center as the Neil A. Armstrong Flight Research Center and the Western Aeronautical Test Range as the Hugh L. Dryden Aeronautical Test Range.
76. H.R.3547 — Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2014
77. H.R.3527 — Poison Center Network Act
78. S.230 — A bill to authorize the Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation to establish a commemorative work in the District of Columbia and its environs, and for other purposes.
79. H.R.2642 — Agricultural Act of 2014
80. H.R.2860 — OPM IG Act
81. S.1901 — Support for United States-Republic of Korea Civil Nuclear Cooperation Act
82. S.25 - To ensure that the reduced annual cost-of-living adjustment to the retired pay of members and former members of the Armed Forces under the age of 62 required by the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 will not apply to members or former members who first became members prior to January 1, 2014, and for other purposes.
83. S.540 — Temporary Debt Limit Extension Act
84. S.J.Res.28 — A joint resolution providing for the appointment of John Fahey as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
85. S.J.Res.29 — A joint resolution providing for the appointment of Risa Lavizzo-Mourey as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
86. H.R.2431 — National Integrated Drought Information System Reauthorization Act of 2014
87. S.23 — Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Conservation and Recreation Act
88. H.R.2650 — Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Non-Intercourse Act of 2013
89. H.R.3370 — Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014
90. H.R.4076 — HHEATT Act of 2014
91. S.J.Res.32 — A joint resolution providing for the reappointment of John W. McCarter as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
92. H.R.3771 — Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act
93. H.R.4302 — Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014
94. H.R.2019 — Gabriella Miller Kids First Research Act
95. H.R.4152 — Support for the Sovereignty, Integrity, Democracy, and Economic Stability of Ukraine
96. S.2183 — A bill entitled "United States International Programming to Ukraine and Neighboring Regions".
97. H.R.4275 — Cooperative and Small Employer Charity Pension Flexibility Act
98. S.1557 — Children's Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2013
99. S.404 — Green Mountain Lookout Heritage Protection Act
100. S.2195 — A bill to deny admission to the United States to any representative to the United Nations who has been found to have been engaged in espionage activities or a terrorist activity against the United States and poses a threat to United States national security interests.
101. S.994 — DATA Act
102. H.R.4120 — To amend the National Law Enforcement Museum Act to extend the termination date.
103. H.R.4192 - To amend the Act entitled "An Act to regulate the height of buildings in the District of Columbia" to clarify the rules of the District of Columbia regarding human occupancy of penthouses above the top story of the building upon which the penthouse is placed.
104. H.R.3627 — Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act of 2013
105. H.R.685 — American Fighter Aces Congressional Gold Medal Act
106. H.R.1209 — To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of the "Doolittle Tokyo Raiders", for outstanding heroism, valor, skill, and service to the United States in conducting the bombings of Tokyo.
107. H.R.862 - To authorize the conveyance of two small parcels of land within the boundaries of the Coconino National Forest containing private improvements that were developed based upon the reliance of the landowners in an erroneous survey conducted in May 1960.
108. S.309 — A bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of the Civil Air Patrol.
109. H.R.724 — To amend the Clean Air Act to remove the requirement for dealer certification of new light-duty motor vehicles.
110. H.R.1036 — To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 103 Center Street West in Eatonville, Washington, as the "National Park Ranger Margaret Anderson Post Office".
111. H.R.1228 — To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 South 9th Street in De Pere, Wisconsin, as the "Corporal Justin D. Ross Post Office Building".
112. H.R.1451 — To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14 Main Street in Brockport, New York, as the "Staff Sergeant Nicholas J. Reid Post Office Building".
113. H.R.2391 — To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5323 Highway N in Cottleville, Missouri as the "Lance Corporal Phillip Vinnedge Post Office".
114. H.R.2939 — To award the Congressional Gold Medal to Shimon Peres.
115. H.R.3060 — To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 232 Southwest Johnson Avenue in Burleson, Texas, as the "Sergeant William Moody Post Office Building".
116. H.R.3658 — Monuments Men Recognition Act of 2014
117. H.R.4032 — North Texas Invasive Species Barrier Act of 2014
118. H.R.4488 — Gold Medal Technical Corrections Act of 2014
119. S.611 — Sandia Pueblo Settlement Technical Amendment Act
120. H.R.1726 — To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the 65th Infantry Regiment, known as the Borinqueneers.
121. H.R.3080 — Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014
122. H.R.316 — Collinsville Renewable Energy Production Act
123. S.1044 — World War II Memorial Prayer Act of 2013
124. S.1254 — Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2014
125. S.2086 — Reliable Home Heating Act
126. S.1681 — Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Read more from The Hill: