House Majority Leader-Elect Eric Cantor (R-Va.) has released a floor schedule for this short week. Details for the first week of the incoming 112th Congress:
Wednesday, January 5
• The House convenes at noon. There will be a recorded quorum call following the prayer and Pledge of Allegiance.
• The House will take up H.Res. 5, a privileged resolution on the House Rules of the new Congress.
Thursday, January 6
• The House meets at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. There will be a recorded quorum call at 10:30 a.m.
• At 11:00 a.m., members will begin reading the Constitution.
• The House will also take up a resolution to cut Congress's budget. This measure is sponsored by Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.).
Friday, January 7
• The House meets at 9:00 a.m. and will take up a resolution allowing consideration of the Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act.
Details on all of these measures can be seen in later posts.