• defund the Environmental Protection Agency’s regulation of pollution from stationary sources;
• cut salaries necessary to carry out Democrats’ healthcare law;
• prevent funds from being used to implement part of the healthcare law that requires the IRS to verify that people have healthcare coverage and impose penalties against those who do not comply;
• completely defund the healthcare law; and
• cut funding for agencies that are necessary for the implementation of the healthcare law.
Failed amendments would have:
• killed $150 million a year in cotton-related payments to Brazil;
• ended two weapons programs, the expeditionary fighting vehicle and air-to-air missile systems;
• ended the Department of Defense's sponsorship of NASCAR teams; and
• limited spending on the Afghanistan war to $10 billion.