The House will finish debate of a bill to expand energy production on federal lands, while the Senate will vote on nominations.
The House completed general debate of the bill, H.R. 4899, Wednesday evening. Votes on the ten amendments will be the last of the week and are expected to wrap up by 1 p.m. at the latest.
At 1:45 p.m., the Senate will have up to six votes, though only one roll call is expected on the first nomination:
- Stuart E. Jones to be U.S. ambassador to Iraq
- Robert Robert Stephen Beecroft to be U.S. ambassador to Egypt
- Karen Dynan to be an assistant secretary of the Treasury
- Esther Puakela Kia’aina to be an assistant secretary of the Interior
- Vincent G. Loganto be special trustee, Office of Special Trustee for American Indians, Department of the Interior
- Jo Emily Handelsman to be an associate director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy