The Senate approved several of President Obama’s executive nominees Wednesday.
Some of the nominees will serve as U.S. ambassadors. Those votes came ahead of Obama’s next overseas trip, where he’ll visit many of the countries.
Lawmakers were trying to complete business before an overnight snowstorm hits Washington, D.C., with up to eight inches of snow.
The Senate also confirmed U.S. marshall and judicial nominees Wednesday. A list follows:
- Kevin Techau to be U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Iowa.
- Andrew Luger to be U.S. attorney for the District of Minnesota.
- Robert Hobbs to be U.S. marshal for the Eastern District of Texas.
- Gary Blankinship to be U.S. marshal for the Southern District of Texas.
- Amos Rojas Jr. to be U.S. marshal for the Southern District of Florida.
- Peter Tobin to be U.S. marshal for the Southern District of Ohio.