Democrats will need 60 votes to pass the treaty.
The House returns from its Thanksgiving break at 2 p.m. for work on up to five suspension bills. Roll-call votes on any of the following bills will be held at 6:30 p.m.:
• H.R. 6025, the Mandatory Operational Control Reporting and Performance Measures Act, requiring the federal government to report on its effort to control the borders.
• H.R. 5913, the DHS Accountability Act, aimed at improving processes within the Department of Homeland Security.
• H.R. 915, the Jaime Zapata Border Enforcement Security Task Force Act, boosting national and local government cooperation on border security. The bill under consideration is one that the Senate amended.
• H.R. 5997, the Medical Preparedness Allowable Use Act, providing funding for the preparation of mass medical emergencies.
• H.R. 3563, the Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Modernization Act, to modernize the nation's public alert warning system.