The report recommends:
• Restricting patients' choice in where they're getting their care rather than using high deductibles to increase value-based purchasing decisions;
• Reducing healthcare price distortions through temporary statutory restrictions until transparency can improve market function;
• Encouraging patients to select a primary care provider to help coordinate their care;
• Increasing funding for care coordination, including for infrastructure improvements, and giving providers timely access to relevant patient data;
• Improving the use of the all payer claims database; and
• Developing appropriate regulations, solvency standards and oversight for providers who contract to manage the risk of insured and self-insured populations.