Top Fox News exec leaving network
© Getty Images
Michael Clemente, a top executive at Fox News, is leaving the network. 

A Fox News spokesperson has confirmed the exit to The Hill.  

ADVERTISEMENT
A source with knowledge of the situation said his exit was unrelated to the sexual harassment allegations made against former Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes. The source also indicates Clemente's departure is not related to the internal investigation arranged by the network to explore said allegations. 

Ailes, 76, resigned from Fox News last Thursday after a sexual harassment suit was brought against him 15 days prior by former host Gretchen Carlson. Other women — reportedly including network star Megyn Kelly — have also told investigators they experienced inappropriate conduct by Ailes as well. 

Clemente joined Fox News seven years ago after being with ABC News for 27 years, serving as senior VP of news editorial and Peter Jennings's producer on "World News Tonight." He had been responsible for all of Fox News’s news operations until April 21, when we was made in charge of long-form programming and specials. Many media observers viewed the change as a demotion. 

Peter Boyer, who was assigned to work with Clemente as a Fox News editor at large, is also leaving Fox News.