Bristol Palin: Celebrities refusing to perform at inauguration 'sissies'
© Getty Images

Bristol Palin, the daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, blasted "mega-celebrities" Thursday who have refused to perform at President-elect Donald TrumpDonald TrumpWarren applauds travel ban ruling: 'Muslim ban is now 0 for 2 vs the Constitution' Trump draws comparisons to Andrew Jackson in Nashville Mexican candidate: Trump's approach to immigrants is 'neofascism' MORE's inauguration next month.

Palin specifically called out Elton John, Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, The Chainsmokers, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry and Aretha Franklin as "sissies" for denying invitations to perform.

"Isn’t it amazing how 'not cool' it is to be conservative in the public eye? Either Hollywood is that far off — or we have so many sissies we have in the spot light too scared to stand for what they believe in!," Palin wrote online in a blog post.

ADVERTISEMENT
Palin also said she thought the refusal to perform was hypocritical.

"If Donald Trump were still just a regular old billionaire and threw a party at Trump Tower in New York City, celebrities would be lined up out the door, and the most famous artists would be pining for a chance to perform," Palin wrote. "But because he will be inaugurated as the next Republican president in January, these same mega-celebrities, who would normally drool over an invitation to sing for the president, want no part of it."

Trump may be running into trouble booking entertainment less than a month out, with few big names set to perform.

A publicist for Elton John told The New York Times last month that the singer “will NOT be performing” after a Trump transition team member claimed that he would be. Andrea Bocelli, who had been expected to perform, backed out of the inauguration.

Numerous others have been rumored to perform, then later publicly stated they wouldn't.

Last week, The Rockettes were announced as entertainment at the inauguration, though some of the dancers have said they don't wish to attend. Jackie Evancho, a 16-year-old singer who appeared on "America's Got Talent" will sing the National Anthem at the inauguration.

The president-elect, however, has said he doesn't want "the so-called 'A' list celebrities" in attendance — just "the PEOPLE!"