Weinstein responds: 'We all make mistakes'
© Getty

Harvey Weinstein, in his first public response since multiple women accused him of sexual misconduct, said “we all make mistakes."

“Guys, I’m not doing OK, but I’m trying,” Weinstein told reporters on Wednesday as he entered an SUV parked outside his daughter’s Los Angeles home.

“I got to get help,” the former film executive said.

“A second chance, I hope,” Weinstein, 65, added.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Hollywood mogul and mega-Democratic fundraiser was booted from The Weinstein Company, the film studio he co-founded, on Sunday after a bombshell report from The New York Times disclosing the sexual harassment allegations from several women.

In another exposé published Tuesday in The New Yorker magazine, three women alleged Weinstein had raped them.

Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie, Rosanna Arquette, Rose McGowan, Cara Delevigne, Mira Sorvino and Ashley Judd are just a few of Hollywood’s leading women who have gone on the record saying Weinstein made unwanted and inappropriate sexual advances toward them.

Weinstein headed Wednesday to an Arizona rehabilitation facility to be treated for behavioral issues, including sex addiction, according to TMZ.

Earlier this week, Weinstein denied all allegations of non-consensual sex and of making any retaliatory moves against women who refused his advances.

“Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual," a statement from his representative to The New Yorker magazine said. "Mr. Weinstein has begun counseling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path. Mr. Weinstein is hoping that, if he makes enough progress, he will be given a second chance."