- improves care for 1.8 million women who have served their country by establishing a child care pilot program, conducting a study of barriers to women veterans seeking health care, implementing a reintegration and readjustment pilot program, and improving care for veterans with sexual trauma; KEY IAVA PRIORITY
- provides stipend and lodging payments, health care, training and education, mental health services, respite care, and information on support services for caregivers of veterans; KEY IAVA PRIORITY.
- improves rural veterans’ health care services by expanding transportation for veterans to local VA hospitals and clinics through VA grants to local Veterans Service Organizations;
- provides access to counseling and mental health centers to any members of the Armed Forces;
- requires the VA to conduct a veterans' suicide study;
- expands organizations offering transitional housing for homeless veterans;
- creates a dental services pilot program for veterans;
Next step: On to the president’s desk for his signature!