By The Hill Staff - 09/27/11 11:51 PM EDT
• Diane Major has joined VH Strategies as a vice president. Major left the Bockorny Group, where she oversaw the healthcare team. Before that, she was a health policy analyst for the Senate Republican Policy Committee under Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.); the senior associate director for federal relations of the American Hospital Association; and a staff member for the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
• Trey Ditto has joined Emanate as a vice president. Ditto left KCSA Strategic Communications, where he was a managing director. Previously, he worked as a deputy press secretary for former Education Secretary Margaret Spellings and as the Spanish-language spokesman and deputy communications director for the Republican Party of Texas.
• Matthew Miller has come to Vianovo to be a partner in the firm’s Washington office. Miller previously worked as director of the the Justice Department’s Office of Public Affairs. He has also served as the House Democratic Caucus’s communications director and as Sen. Charles Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) communications director at the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
• Leon Kellner and Vivek Chopra are now partners at Perkins Coie’s national insurance coverage practice in Washington. Both new employees come from Dickstein Shapiro. Kellner previously served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida and as the chief of the Civil Division for the Southern District of Florida. Chopra has experience as an assistant state’s attorney for the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office and as a Winston & Strawn associate.
• David Grenham has moved to McAllister & Quinn as the vice president of business development, where he will focus on higher education and healthcare. Before that, Grenham worked for the Ferguson Group as director of client services and marketing. He has also served at Arnold & Porter and Covington & Burling, managing those firms’ litigation and new technology practice groups.