By The Hill Staff - 10/04/11 11:48 PM EDT
• William Miller Jr. will join the Brunswick Group as a partner starting Oct. 24. Miller leaves the U.S. Chamber of Commerce after a 12-year stint in various roles including senior vice president for political affairs and federal relations and national political director for the Chamber. Prior to that, he worked for then-Rep. Connie Morella (R-Md.) as chief of staff.
• Frank Lowenstein will join The Podesta Group on Oct. 24. Lowenstein previously worked as Senate Committee on Foreign Relations staff director as Chairman John Kerry’s (D-Mass.) principal foreign adviser. He has also served as National Security Policy director for the Kerry-Edwards presidential campaign.
• Clark Lytle Geduldig & Cranford has added Jay Cranfords name to the firm’s letterhead. Cranford joined the firm in May, having previously worked as assistant for policy to Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). Before that, Cranford worked for the House Resources Subcommittee on Energy and Minerals as staff director.
• Donald Vieira has come to Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati to be a partner. Vieira will work in the Washington office focusing on regulatory and enforcement issues. Previously, he served as chief of staff for the Justice Department’s National Security Division, as deputy chief counsel for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and as staff director to the same committee’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations.
• Christopher Denig and Mona Patel are two of 10 Covington & Burling employees recently promoted to partner. Denig clerked for the Hon. Richard Berman in U.S. District Court in the Southern District of New York. Patel clerked for Judge Eric Clay of the U.S. Court of Appeals of the 6th Circuit.