By The Hill Staff - 11/09/11 01:07 AM EST
• ENVIRONMENT. The American Chemistry Council has hired Kountoupes Consulting to lobby on “issues, legislation and regulation relating to Bisphenol A,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Lisa Kountoupes, a former senior aide to President Clinton, is lobbying for the trade association.
• HEALTHCARE. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network has hired JC White Consulting to lobby on “Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Center for Medicare and Medicaid innovation [sic],” according to lobbying disclosure records. Joel White, the former staff director for the House Ways and Means Health subcommittee, is lobbying for the group.
• TELECOMMUNICATIONS. DirecTV has hired R.B. Murphy & Associates to lobby on “issues related to satellite regulation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Rick Murphy, once a legislative aide to then-Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.), is lobbying for the company.
• TECHNOLOGY. TwinLogic Strategies has been hired by NetCoalition, an alliance of Internet companies, to lobby on “issues related to intellectual property legislation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Elizabeth Frazee, former legislative counsel to Rep. Bob GoodlatteBob GoodlatteIRS head vows to finish term despite impeachment push House Republicans press case for impeaching IRS commissioner Saudis scramble for Washington allies MORE (R-Va.), and Sharon Ringley, once deputy chief of staff to ex-Rep. Rick Boucher (D-Va.), are lobbying for the coalition.
• TRANSPORTATION. JetBlue Airways has hired BGR Holding to provide “counsel and strategic guidance on potential legislation and regulations and the impact on the airline industry,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Russell Roberts, once chief of staff to Reps. John Mica (R-Fla.) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), is lobbying for the company.