By The Hill Staff - 03/27/12 12:05 AM EDT
• APPROPRIATIONS. Gephardt Group Government Affairs has been hired by American Councils for International Education to lobby on “State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs appropriations,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Christina Hamilton, a former chief of staff to ex-Rep. David Obey (D-Wis.), is lobbying for the group.
• ENERGY. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck has been hired by Samson Resources Company, a Denver-based oil and gas exploration company, to lobby on “issues regarding the development of energy on federal lands,” according to lobbying disclosure records. David Bernhardt, a former Interior Department solicitor during the George W. Bush administration, and Elizabeth Gore, once chief of staff to ex-Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.), are lobbying for the company.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Crossroads Strategies has been hired by the Credit Union National Association to lobby on “issues related to commercial member lending,” according to lobbying disclosure records. John Green, former deputy chief of staff to ex-Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.), and Stewart Hall, once a legislative director to Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), are lobbying for the trade group.
• HEALTHCARE. Thorn Run Partners has been hired by Beverly Oncology & Imaging Centers Inc. to lobby on “issues related to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Service,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Gary Palmquist, a former legislative director to Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-Calif.), is lobbying for the company.
• NATIVE AMERICAN. McDermott Will & Emery has been hired by the Hualapai Nation, based in Peach Springs, Ariz., to lobby on “highway bill” and “renewable energy legislation,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Edward Eynon, former deputy chief of staff to ex-Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz.), and Erica Stocker, former deputy chief of staff to ex-Rep. Jim Saxton (R-N.J.), are lobbying for the tribe.