By The Hill Staff - 08/01/12 11:41 PM EDT
• The Defense Logistics Agency has awarded Atlanta-based US Foods Inc. a $58.2 million contract for “prime vendor food and beverage support.” The Air Force and the Army will be using the company’s services, with the funding for the contract coming from fiscal 2012 and 2013 Defense Working Capital Funds. The date of completion is July 28, 2013.
• The Defense Logistics Agency awarded Navistar Defense an economic price adjustment contract worth a maximum of $8.6 million for “various Mine Resistant Ambush Protected related spare parts.” The Army will be using the company’s services. The work should be completed by July 29, 2013.
• USAID has awarded CNFA (formerly Citizens Network for Foreign Affairs) a $37.7 million contract to administer the agency’s “Agricultural Growth Program-Livestock Growth Project (AGP-LGP).” The program is to be implemented in Ethiopia and aims to “improve smallholder incomes and nutritional status.”
• The National Institutes of Health has awarded Chimp Haven Inc. with an $11.1 million, five-year contract to “provide lifetime care of approximately 130 chimpanzees that have been used, or were bred or purchased for use, in research conducted or supported by the National Institutes of Health, the Food and Drug Administration or other agencies of the federal government” that are no longer needed for those purposes.
• The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has awarded North Pacific Wildlife Consulting a $1.3 million contract to conduct “research on Steller sea lions, a species listed as threatened (eastern stock) and endangered (western stock) under the U.S. Endangered Species Act.” The research is aimed at “determining the cause of recent and ongoing population declines.”
Contract information compiled from defense.gov and outside press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to email@example.com.