By The Hill Staff - 08/07/12 11:14 PM EDT
• EDUCATION. Hogan Lovells has been hired by the University of Tulsa to lobby on its behalf. The firm’s lobbying issues are “to be determined,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Jeffrey Munk, former legislative counsel to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas), is lobbying for the university.
• ENERGY. HDMK has been hired by Entergy to lobby on “federal legislation and regulation affecting the electric utility sector,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Michael Hacker, former floor director and senior adviser to then-House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.), is lobbying for the company.
ML Strategies has been hired by Terrabon Operating Co. Inc. to lobby on “issues related to biofuels and renewable energy; issues related to federal incentives for biorefineries; [and] issues related to Title III of the Defense Production Act,” according to lobbying disclosure records. David Leiter, former chief of staff to Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), and Maureen Walsh, once a staff assistant to Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), are lobbying for the company.
• FOREIGN POLICY. Solomon P. Ortiz Holdings has been hired by Bob Lawrence and Associates to lobby on “U.S.-Azerbaijani relations, including trade, tourism and defense-related issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Solomon Ortiz (D-Texas) is lobbying for the government-relations consulting firm.
• HEALTHCARE. Thorn Run Partners has been hired by Patient Services Inc. to lobby on “issues related to Medicare Part D,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Alex DelPizzo, a former legislative director for ex-Rep. Mike Ferguson (R-N.J.), and Andrew Rosenberg, a former legislative aide to the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, are lobbying for the foundation.
• HOMELAND SECURITY. The Breaux Lott Leadership Group has been hired by Jefferson Parish in Louisiana to lobby on “issues related to Federal Emergency Management Agency loans,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Sen. John Breaux (D-La.) is lobbying for the parish.