By The Hill Staff - 11/27/12 12:30 AM EST
• ENERGY. Capitol Hill Consulting Group has been hired by Luca Technologies Inc., a Golden, Colo., biotechnology natural-gas producer, to “promote and provide education of the company’s methane extracting technologies with Members of Congress and the Executive Branch,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Josh Kardon, former chief of staff to Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), is lobbying for the company.
• HEALTHCARE. Tarplin, Downs & Young has been hired by 3M to lobby on “Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement Implementation of FDA User Fees and general medical device issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Linda Tarplin, a former senior aide in the George H.W. Bush White House, and Raissa Downs, once a senior official in the Health and Human Services Department during the George W. Bush administration, are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. Blank Rome Government Relations has been hired by Assurant Inc. to lobby on “tax reform issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. J. Michael Hogan, former deputy chief of staff to Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), is lobbying for the insurance company.
• TRADE. Covington & Burling has been hired by Eli Lilly and Co. to lobby on trade compliance issues related to Canada’s patentability requirements, according to lobbying disclosure records. John Veroneau, a former deputy U.S. trade representative and chief of staff to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), is lobbying for the company.
• TRANSPORTATION. Gephardt Group Government Affairs has been hired by Quarles & Brady, on behalf of Pods Enterprises Inc., to lobby on “federal motor carrier regulations,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Sharon Daniels, a former executive assistant to ex-House Democratic Leader Richard Gephardt (Mo.), and Kyle Mulhall, once a senior policy adviser to Gephardt, are lobbying for the law firm.