Under Contract

• The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) awarded at least one contract for the production of FEMA-branded apparel “in response to Hurricane Sandy response and relief efforts.” The $195,000 contract, set aside for a small business, was awarded to the New York-based Pure Country Custom Embroidery. FEMA and Department of Homeland Security embroidery would appear on long-sleeve polo shirts, baseball caps, wool hats and lightweight jackets, and would be delivered to New York, New Jersey and Washington, D.C.

• The Bureau of Prisons awarded two separate contracts, worth about $42,000 and $60,000, respectively, for a Native American spiritual leader and an imam to perform religious support services at a SeaTac, Wash., federal prison. The contracts are both for one year, followed by an option for extensions. Seattle-based Ismail Ahmad will be the imam and William Taylor Lee, a resident of University Place, Wash., will serve as the Native American spiritual leader. Both awards indicate the work includes services “one day a week, for a period of three hours (sessions), or an estimated session total of 156 annually.”

ADVERTISEMENT
• The Bureau of Prisons awarded a contract worth about $3 million to Detekion Security Systems to perform maintenance on “lethal and non-lethal” electric fences at 15 federal prisons. The contract is for one base year, with four additional renewal options that are not guaranteed. The work, which includes “high-voltage output readings,” testing of alarms, locks and upgrades, will be completed at prisons nationwide, including in Arizona, Indiana, Kentucky, Florida, Louisiana, California and Texas. 

• The Department of Justice awarded two firms with a contract worth a total of $7.3 million over four years to provide 3.4 million square feet of “pearl grey” full-grain leather used to manufacture heavy-duty work gloves that will be sold to federal agencies, including the General Services Administration and the USDA Forest Service. Tasman Leather Group will produce 60 percent of the leather and Comade Inc. will produce the other 40 percent.

Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to mwilson@thehill.com.


More in Lobbying Contracts

Under Contract

Read more »