By The Hill Staff - 12/18/12 12:07 AM EST
• DEFENSE. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has been hired by Dynetics, a Huntsville, Ala., aerospace company, to lobby on “space policy authorization and appropriations,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Bill Paxon (R-N.Y.) and Juliane Sullivan, once policy director for House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), are lobbying for the company.
• EDUCATION. The Duberstein Group has been hired by Higher One Inc., which provides financial services to colleges and universities, to “educate policymakers about Higher One’s products and services,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Rich Feuer Anderson has been hired by Thomson Reuters to lobby on “issues pertaining to oversight and operation of financial benchmarks,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Peter Rich, once counsel to the House Energy and Commerce Committee, and Mitchell Feuer, former counsel to the Senate Banking Committee, are lobbying for the company.
• HEALTHCARE. Alpine Group has been hired by Grace Health System, a private hospital in Lubbock, Texas, “to provide guidance on all healthcare issues related to medical clinics,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Barry Brown, former chief of staff to Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas), is lobbying for the hospital.
• TAX. Valente & Associates has been hired by the International Franchise Association to lobby on “general tax issues [and] general workforce issues,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Mark Valente, once director of congressional relations for the Office of Personnel Management, and Michael Bell, a former majority staff member for the House Science Committee, are lobbying for the trade group.