By The Hill Staff - 03/19/13 11:55 PM EDT
• Emergent BioSolutions has promoted Al Shofe to executive vice president of corporate affairs. He had served as senior vice president of corporate affairs since August 2010 and has been with the company since 2005.
• William Jawando has become the director of corporate and government affairs for Discovery Communications. Jawando comes from the Department of Education, where he worked as the deputy director of strategic partnerships and served as a special assistant to Secretary Arne DuncanArne DuncanThe opt-out movement and the coddling epidemic Senate approves Obama education chief This week: Flint aid, immigration top agenda MORE.
• The National Association of Broadcasters hired Shawn Donilon to become its director of government relations, effective last Monday. Prior to joining the trade group, Donilon worked as the legislative director to former Rep. Charles Bass (R-N.H.), advising the congressman on communications and technology law.
• Bully Pulpit Interactive has brought on Lauren Miller, the former new media director for Elizabeth WarrenElizabeth WarrenSanders-Warren ticket would sweep the nation With either Trump or Clinton, average American loses again Elizabeth Warren stumps, raises funds for Duckworth MORE’s Senate campaign during the 2012 election. Miler will serve as the Democratic marketing firm’s senior director. The firm has made other hires recently, including Will Johnson, the new senior director for strategic services who formerly worked at Change.org. The firm has also hired Madeleine Perry, Sen. Sherrod BrownSherrod BrownLawmaker offers bill to impose 'exit tax' on expatriating companies For Clinton, there's really only one choice for veep Let the Democratic veepstakes begin MORE’s (D-Ohio) former digital director.
• Felipe Sousa-Rodriguez and Heather Cronk have become the new co-directors of the gay-rights organization GetEQUAL. Robin McGehee, the organization’s co-founder and current director, is becoming a “movement-building” strategist. Sousa-Rodriguez is the former national field director for the organization and Cronk has been a managing director at GetEQUAL for the last three years.