By The Hill Staff - 03/19/13 11:55 PM EDT
• Emergent BioSolutions has promoted Al Shofe to executive vice president of corporate affairs. He had served as senior vice president of corporate affairs since August 2010 and has been with the company since 2005.
• William Jawando has become the director of corporate and government affairs for Discovery Communications. Jawando comes from the Department of Education, where he worked as the deputy director of strategic partnerships and served as a special assistant to Secretary Arne DuncanArne DuncanIn search of the surest Common Core exit route The opt-out movement and the coddling epidemic Senate approves Obama education chief MORE.
• The National Association of Broadcasters hired Shawn Donilon to become its director of government relations, effective last Monday. Prior to joining the trade group, Donilon worked as the legislative director to former Rep. Charles Bass (R-N.H.), advising the congressman on communications and technology law.
• Bully Pulpit Interactive has brought on Lauren Miller, the former new media director for Elizabeth WarrenElizabeth WarrenHillary Clinton needs to start embracing progressives The Trail 2016: One large crack in the glass ceiling Meet Hillary's Wolf of Wall Street MORE’s Senate campaign during the 2012 election. Miler will serve as the Democratic marketing firm’s senior director. The firm has made other hires recently, including Will Johnson, the new senior director for strategic services who formerly worked at Change.org. The firm has also hired Madeleine Perry, Sen. Sherrod BrownSherrod BrownPortman secures another union endorsement over Democratic challenger in Ohio Sanders aide dismisses challenging Kaine VP spot Union group backs GOP Sen. Portman in Ohio race MORE’s (D-Ohio) former digital director.
• Felipe Sousa-Rodriguez and Heather Cronk have become the new co-directors of the gay-rights organization GetEQUAL. Robin McGehee, the organization’s co-founder and current director, is becoming a “movement-building” strategist. Sousa-Rodriguez is the former national field director for the organization and Cronk has been a managing director at GetEQUAL for the last three years.