By The Hill Staff - 04/17/13 11:13 PM EDT
• The Department of Transportation has awarded a $9.4 million contract to the New Jersey-based EIC Associates to renovate the area around the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor.
• The Department of Transportation has awarded a $9.4 million contract to the New Jersey-based EIC Associates to renovate the area around the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor. The department says the project will focus on the ferryboat and service docks around the statue, including removing and replacing railings, canopies and other parts of the two docks.
• The State Department has awarded Stanley Associates a contract worth more than $25.8 million to help with issuing visas in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Bahrain, Tunisia, Morocco, Qatar and Oman. The company will set up information services for obtaining visas in these countries, as well as fee collection agents, document delivery services and front-desk greeters. Stanley Associates must set up the plan within 90 days of the award and execute the staffing within 180 days.
• The State Department has awarded the global private-security company G4S with a five-year contract worth $19 million to guard the U.S. Embassy in London and the U.S. Consulate in Edinburgh, Scotland. Guards are expected to work about 119,600 hours in London each year and 4,420 hours in Edinburgh. The company will be responsible for designing a team that can, among other qualifications, protect U.S. personnel and guests from harm and “deter potential terrorist attacks,” according to the solicitation notice.
• Keany Produce Co., a small business based in Landover, Md., won a $46.6 million contract from the Defense Department. The company will provide Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and U.S. Department of Agriculture school customers in Virginia with fresh fruits and vegetables. The contract is expected to end in October 2014.
Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to firstname.lastname@example.org.