By The Hill Staff - 04/24/13 11:03 PM EDT
• The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a $22.3 million contract to Abt Associates, a public policy consulting and research firm, to support Mexican-led efforts to foster economic growth. The contractor is expected to draft a plan to help the Mexican government reach certain goals, including improving transparency, strengthening market regulation, implementing labor law reforms and increasing access to credit.
• The U.S. Air Force awarded eight companies with a contract worth a total of $6.9 billion for the production of information technology products and software. The companies awarded the contract are Ace Technology Partners, CDW Government, CounterTrade Products, FedStore Corp., General Dynamics Information Technology, Intelligent Decisions, Iron Bow and World Wide Technology.
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has awarded a six-month, $41,000 contract to USA Secure Data Systems to provide credit checks for the agency. It is unclear what the checks will be conducted for, but the USCIS says the contractor can expect to process approximately 3,200 requests from April to Sept. 30.
• Boeing has won a $17.7 million contract from the Department of Defense to manufacture nearly 1,500 “precision laser guidance sets” and the boxes to ship them. Nearly 1,000 of the sets will go to the U.S. Navy and Air Force, but the governments of Saudi Arabia and Japan will receive 496 and 28, respectively.
• Stemnion Inc., a small business in Pittsburgh, has been awarded a $10.3 million contract from the U.S. Navy to provide research and development for the treatment of serious combat wounds. The overall project is part of the Naval Medical Research Center’s cellular combat wound initiative and comes with the option to extend the contract up to three years, bringing the possible amount to $30.2 million.
Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to email@example.com.