By The Hill Staff - 02/05/08 05:39 PM EST
• Rob Cogorno has joined Elmendorf Strategies. Most recently, Cogorno was a floor director to House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.). Cogorno also served as research director and appropriations policy adviser to former House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt (D-Mo.).
• Lisa Layman has joined the Generic Pharmaceutical Association as its associate vice president for government affairs and policy. Layman most recently was a senior policy adviser for Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) and also worked on healthcare issues for former Sens. Bob Graham (D-Fla.), Richard Bryan (D-Nev.) and John Chafee (R-R.I.).
• Marc Gonzales has joined the United States Telecom Association as vice president of congressional affairs. Gonzales, vice president of congressional affairs for the Air Transport Association, was chief of staff for Rep. Gene Green (D-Texas).
• Policy Impact Communications Inc. has hired John M. Haddow and Alvin B. Jackson. Both will serve as board directors and principals within the corporation. Haddow was a partner at Perry, Romani, DeConcini & Symms. Jackson was a director of legislative affairs for Boeing and also worked at Bergner, Bockorny, Castagnetti, Hawkins & Brain Inc.
• Kathryn Kolbert has been named president of the People for the American Way, a civil rights advocacy organization. Kolbert, currently a senior research administrator with the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania, will take over PFAW in mid-March.
• Laurie “Bink” Purpuro has joined the Washington office of Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Ellis LLP as a senior government affairs analyst. Purpuro joins the firm from the Department of Energy, where she was a senior policy adviser since 2001.
• Kelley Drye Collier Shannon has hired Lisa S. Andrews and Joan Galvin as special counsel and senior adviser, respectively. Andrews, a senior vice president at ACC Capital, was a deputy assistant secretary in the Clinton administration’s Treasury Department. Galvin, a principal at the Livingston Group, worked for former Reps. Andy Ireland (R-Fla.) and Larry Hopkins (R-Ky.).