By The Hill Staff - 06/15/09 07:07 PM EDT
• ENERGY. The Smith-Free Group is lobbying for the Pickens Plan, a group founded by investor T. Boone Pickens to promote natural gas and wind energy to cut down on foreign oil imports.
Bockorny Group is lobbying for America’s Natural Gas Alliance, which promotes production, dissemination and use of natural gas. Melissa Schulman, former policy director to House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), is lobbying for the alliance on natural gas issues.
• GAMING. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld is lobbying for Harrah’s Entertainment, a gaming company. The firm is following the Internet gaming bill introduced in Congress. Former Rep. Vic Fazio (D-Calif.) and Jayne Fitzgerald, former House Ways and Means tax counsel, are lobbying for Harrah’s.
• HEALTHCARE. The American Continental Group is lobbying for Roswell Regional Hospital in Roswell, N.M., on Medicare and healthcare reform issues.
• MEDIA. The Podesta Group is lobbying for ICBC Broadcast Holdings, a minority-owned radio station, federal lobbying records show. Israel Klein, former spokesman for the Joint Economic Committee, and Paul Brathwaite, former executive director to the Congressional Black Caucus, are tracking the credit crisis impact on minority-owned radio companies.
• TECHNOLOGY. Kountoupes Consulting is lobbying for Intel Corp. Lisa Kountoupes, former legislative liaison for President Clinton, is lobbying for the high-tech company on issues related to the microprocessing industry.