By The Hill Staff - 07/20/09 07:13 PM EDT
• DEFENSE. American Defense International has registered to lobby for AXSYS Technologies on the National Defense Authorization Act. Specific legislative issues the firm is tracking include provisions in the bill relating to infrared optics. Rusty Johnston, former deputy staff director of the House Armed Services Committee, is lobbying on behalf of the firm, lobbying records show.
• ENVIRONMENT. AJW Inc. has registered to lobby on behalf of the Emissions Control Technology Association on black carbon and appropriations for the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act. Christopher Hessler, former deputy staff director for the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, is lobbying on behalf of the firm.
• HEALTHCARE. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is lobbying on behalf of Questcor Pharmaceuticals on healthcare reform and the Medicaid rebate. Alexander Dahl, former deputy staff director and senior counsel to the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Michael Levy, former senior adviser to the secretary and deputy undersecretary for the U.S. Treasury Department, are lobbying on behalf of the firm.
• SCIENCE. Adkins Strategies is lobbying for United Launch Alliance on NASA reauthorization and appropriations related to launch systems. William Adkins, former staff director for the House Science Space subcommittee, is lobbying on behalf of the firm, lobbying records show.
• TECHNOLOGY. A.P. Morton and Co. has registered to lobby on behalf of the Technology CEO Council on a range of management and broadband issues, including federal online privacy policies, lobbying records show.